Sunday, March 18, 2012

From Russia with . . .

. . . spam.

Apologies to those of you who actually read my blog. I love you. I really do. But the spam is killing me. When I started this blog (on the WordPress site--I have no problem with Blogspot) I had the comments turned off for unregistered users. It seemed like the safest way to go, but of course I got no comments. So I thought I'd see what happened when I took that requirement off and I actually got real reader feedback. Unfortunately most of it was still mostly spam. And most of that seems to be coming from Russia and the Ukraine. To those of you from those countries and regions that actually read my blog and enjoy it, thank you! You are very welcome here. To those of you spamming, just stop. Please.

Unfortunately, my sense of humor won't allow me to completely move on from this until I share the kind of thing I'm talking about. They're just too darn funny:

"Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks." (Posted on my novel's Prologue page.)

Uh . . . you're welcome?

"You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most persons will agree with your website."


Well if most people will agree with my website, I must be on the right track! I feel so . . . so . . . validated!

And apparently I completely confused this person with my complicated concepts:

"You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!" (also posted on Prologue.)

I'm sure those of you that are more tech-savvy, and especially BLOG-savvy could explain it to me, and I'd sure appreciate it if you could, but for now I've got the comments set to registered users only again (on WordPress only). It's too depressing to deal with all the garbage. I hope by disabling comments for a while I'll drop off the spammers' radar. If you know of a way to discourage it, especially on WordPress, please let me know! I do plan on enabling comments again soon, so please don't give up on me! I'll post a 'normal' blog post soon with some exciting news. Yay.

And speaking of spam, I'm sorry but I just have to:




Reviews for The Glister Journals: Bronze

More Glister info and chapters at the book's website here: theglisterjournals.com
And please "Like" us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment