Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Good Day

I'm actually celebrating because, not only did I get my taxes finished (both federal and state) TWO DAYS before they're due (actually FOUR days--I just found out the due dates are changed this year), but I'm getting an honest-to-goodness REFUND this year! Unheard of! I can't remember the last time that happened. I've been thinking all day about all the ways I'm NOT going to spend the money.

However, I was revising this morning and my computer starting acting a bit freakish. It's acted that way before and it turned out it had a virus, so I ran a boot scan while I finished up the rough draft of a chapter in the new book. (My rough drafts are mostly accomplished long hand.) I would have worked on the next chapter, but I'd already started it on the computer and couldn't remember exactly what I'd done (it's sort of in pieces and chunks right now) so instead I went out to mail my lovely tax forms and took a walk too. That's quite a big deal for me, but I won't go into that now.

Suffice it to say that it was a GORGEOUS day, a little bit blustery but not too cold with huge white fluffy clouds. Almost perfect. I'll have to take a picture next time. I did take a picture of some of my candles last night. I just thought they looked cool. I don't know why there was a power outage; it wasn't storming or anything. But it was kind of fun--the first time in over a year that we actually needed candles. I was working on my computer then too, until the battery got too low.

Blackout candles

Ah well. I do have some real news . . . which I'll share soon. Really! In the meantime I'd love to share an amazing version of a song I referenced a while ago by Gotye (which, by the way, is NOT pronounced Go-tee-yay, as everybody is saying, but Gore-ti-yeah; am I the only one who reads 'About' pages?), Somebody That I Used To Know. If you haven't heard it by now you live on a different planet than me--or maybe just a really different part of this one. I'm a bit tickled actually, as I went into my local record store (YES! I shop brick and mortar whenever possible!) to buy his CD and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I told them that they WOULD and they should get the album in.

In the meantime he'd been getting some local airplay and was scheduled to do a concert in a cool but relatively small venue. Well now that has been changed to a MUCH larger venue. The last time I went in to the record store, they'd already sold out of the album. (I told you so! :P And I still haven't got a copy yet!) Anyway, here's the version I was talking about. It's by Walk off the Earth. Have a great weekend!



Reviews for The Glister Journals: Bronze

More Glister info and chapters at the book's website here: theglisterjournals.com 

The chapters can also be read here at the top of my Wordpress blog. (and also in a menu in the sidebar!) 

And please "Like" The Glister Journals' page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment