Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 - A Look Ahead

Happy New Year everyone! This is just a quick update and look forward to 2015.

First of all, I've been having issues with formatting and posts (and parts of posts) disappearing from this blog, so the first thing I'll be doing is completely reloading and reformatting here. I'm not sure how long that takes, but should have things in order before the first giveaway of the year. EDIT: Yay! Fixed!

Which is the second thing, yes! I will be continuing with giveaways throughout 2015. There will be regular gift card and book giveaways, of course. I'll have a music one coming up soon. I'll also be giving away copies of the new edition of Bronze when it's ready and TGJ Book 2 as soon as it's released.

The soundtrack contest is still on and waiting to be launched. The grand prize is at $200.00 right now, though I will continue adding to it. It will be open for entries when Book 2 is ready to get sent out for early reviews, so if you've read Bronze and are figuring out the songs, stay close. I'll publicize the starting date as widely and loudly as I can! If you aren't aware of the contest, you can read about it and find the clues here.

The last chapters of The Glister Journals 2 are taking me some time, though I'm not sure why. It should be completely finished in the first part of this year. I am looking into different publishing options, so I'm not sure exactly how that's happening yet. These choices could affect the cover and title, so I'm still keeping those to myself. The picture above, by the way, gives some clues to Book 2. Any ideas?

Bronze has been getting an overhaul, revising for length, and I'm considering a different cover. I'd love input on that.

I expect to begin writing in earnest on Book 3 by mid to late spring.

Personally, apart from finishing writing projects, I still want to try to get fit and begin riding again. After a very long time not riding at all, I bought a horse a few years ago. But it didn't work out - physically or financially. My heart and brain retain my love and knowledge, but my body has lost the strength, balance, and much of the muscle memory required to ride the way I want to. So if I can get my body back in good enough shape, especially core and leg strength and flexibility, I'll find someone to train with and go from there. I may never be able to own my own horse again, but I'll never give up on wanting to ride.

Do you have plans for 2015? What are you most looking forward to?

Writing: TGJ Book 2 Chapter 28.

Listening: Foo Fighters - Sonic Highway

Reading: Caszandra by Andrea Host and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Watching: Mockingjay Pt 1 and Harry Potter (all of them)



Reviews for The Glister Journals: Bronze
More Glister Journals info at the book's website here: theglisterjournals.com
The Glister Journals: Bronze can be purchased through any bookseller, or purchase now at Amazon.com
Note: All original text and materials by or commissioned by B. B. Shepherd are copyright 2012-2015 to China Blue Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment